Saturday, March 29, 2008

One Hell of a Month!

Whew! What a month! Time does passby so quickly. As much as I had promised myself to write on this blog, I just did not have the time. Although, I really do miss writing for myself.

What am I complaining for? Hahahaha! I should be happy that my efforts have finally paid off. Well, I am but how I wish I had more resources. I wish I have more time and more writers. Thank God cash and clients are the things I do not lack.

My lack of time can be resolved if I quit my day job. It is possiblbe but I still have to weigh the pros and cons. I did not get a degree just to throw it away. Well, it wouldn't be really throwing it away. I'd still be using my degree to manage my business and I would not have this business if not for it.

Monetary gain is also one of my concerns. What I earn in a week in my business, I earn for a month in my day
job. Yes, the monetary gain is higher if I quit my day job, but I work freelance and have no permanent contracts. Although I know where to obtain clients, I have been educationally trained to firmly hold a bird in one hand rather than be content on the fact that there are many birds in the bush.

A friend once told me that there is more to life than work. I have been really thinking about what she said. If I quit my day job, I would have more time to do the things I really enjoy doing. Going out, reading, baking, spending time with family and [for this summer] going to the beach.

Well, I still have to think it over.

No comments: