Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Food Cravings

After three days of eating nothing but oatmeal, soft bread and ice cream, [Of course there is my daily dose of meds] I'm craving for a well-prepared classy dinner. At lunch I found I can open my mouth a centimeter wider and I can chew food better as long as I avoid the loosened stitch. Damn, I've lost a lot of weight already and having no one to talk to is not helping. I've just been sleeping on the couch for the past three days with the occasional chat and surf. I had my brother set up my notebook on the table beside the couch so I won't have to carry anything.
Now, If I could just have some breaded shrimp for appetizer paired with a really good sauce with wasabi. I'm a big fan of seafood, especially shrimp [and local lobster-the one with only one claw, I don't say this out loud since I'd get a good tease from my family. I had a suitor once who my family called banagan(lobster) since he lived in a town in Samar that was famous for its lobster]. I'd pair it with sparkling wine but this is my dinner so I'd pair it with San Mig Light. I drink wine but I'm more of the beer kind of person, which is just great since my bf likes beer better too.
Now for the main course, I'd like some pasta in white sauce with chicken bits. I like pasta with sweet style tomato sauce but I equally love white sauce with a distinctive garlic flavor. I can cook this dish in two ways depending on how much time I have. When I'm a little short on time, I cheat a little and use Campbell's chicken and mushroom soup as my sauce base. I can also get fancy with the spices and cream if I have a lot of time.
And what would a dinner be without sweets. I can say I'm an expert with dessert since I can bake almost anything. But for my dessert, I'd prefer the classic pana cotta with chocolate shavings. Two years ago, a desert that tastes like pana cotta came out on the market. It was called black sambo which I found to have too much chocolate flavor.
Now, If only I had this kind of dinner instead for toasted bread, cheese and sliced apples, which I now have on a plate in front of me... :-(
...Forgot, I have to learn how to cook adobo. Gosh! I'm going crazy talking about anything. I miss him so...

No comments: