Friday, October 31, 2008

Content

It's 3 in the morning and I'm about to start my day. Then I remembered my convo with hon last night and I do still miss a dear friend. He has been my unofficial counselor since college and last year, when I needed someone the most-he was at my doorstep in a call.
He knew how much I loved the beach-how I felt at peace with the sound of the waves and the sight of the sun rising, so he first took me to this beach in Cebu. I was wandering at first why he chose this particular beach. It had a gate and a private jetty, not my usual type of beach. But he asked me to wait till morning so I did, enjoying the warm breeze during the night and enduring the cooler breeze as morning came. Turns out, the surprise was the beautiful sunrise. Call me sunrise addict, but there is something in the changing hues-red, orange and yellow, that calms my mind. I'd trade dinner at my favorite Chinese resto for an early morning date at the beach anytime.
Remembering that day always makes me sad coz I miss this dear friend but in the end, after remembering exactly how the sun rose that morning, I feel relaxed, calm and contented with who I am with today. I had the mistake of saying my thoughts out loud last night and probably have hurt hon, so I reminded him that nothing could be more special than that one morning in Cebu. For us, that morning in Cebu are the magic words and it can stop any argument we are having. In the first place, its what made him come back when I've completely turned my back on him.
Then he asked me if I was expecting a wild ride ride after explaining how the 'good' life with this dear friend did not suit me. The wild ride being nightly trips to the bar and getting a doze of booze. His question surprised me and had me laughing, then I asked back if I looked the type who drank at some bar each night. The next thing he said surprised and made me love him even more. 'I want to build a family borne out of love.' Then he said something like 'Okay na sa akin occasional na inuman pero eventually I would stop drinking and smoking [smoking daw! joke!]'. He can say the sweetest things that's enough to make me content on what we have for now and wait patiently for that walk down the aisle. [May wedding gown ba na black?]

No comments: