Monday, November 3, 2008

Lunch With a Korean Friend

I had lunch with a Korean friend today and my conversation with him made me realize how little I know about Filipino traditions. (I've been acting as stewards for Korean missionaries since I was in college. Only that I handled students back then) My friend is here in a mission work but for the first two years, he's going to learn the English language, our dialect and traditions. He likes taking friends to lunch or coffee since he gets to practice speaking English and gets to ask about Filipino traditions and culture. Today, we ate at Gerry's Grill and we talked about the food served there. He asked me what my favorite was and I pointed pancit bihon for him. He liked it and asked if I could cook for him. I didn't promise him anything, I said he might not like the food I cook. I did tell him I bake and he asked what I needed so I can bake for him. In the end, I think he was thinking of buying an oven. hahaha!

Then he aked about traditional Filipino marriage so he indulged my so called history lesson with an occasional 'I'm not sure' statement from me since I really don't know much about Filipino traditions. But he did laugh when I told him I was 25 y.o. already. Then it was my turn to laugh when he said he thought I was 19 or 20!

No comments: