Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Dream: My Wedding

I suddenly appeared out of nowhere and the first thing I felt was the rush of cold wind that brushed against my face and slim frame. I shivered and I tried to hug myslef but i couldn't. I was holding a bouquet of tulips. Then I looked down; I was wearing a plain white flowing dress. Why will I be out at this hour dressed like this? Still disoriented, I looked around. The first person I saw was him, standing beside another man whom I did not know. He had same air of authority about him. Then I saw my friends and my family; that's when I guessed what was happening. As if on cue, my heart started pounding as fast and loudly as it could.

It was still dark but I knew this place too well. In a matter of minutes the sun would be up and so will the beautiful colors that comes with it. I always fall in love with the sunrise everytime I see it. And I know I would never have wanted my wedding to be in another setting. The love of my life plus the sunrise! Feel's like heaven in all its glorious state came down to witness this special moment.

I was getting weird and impatient looks from everyone so I started to walk forward. I noticed I didn't have any shoes on and that made me smile. I've always debated on whether I will wear shoes to my beach wedding; I could only guess it wasn't my decision. I know he decided for me...Just as I reached him, the sun was peaking from its 12 hour slumber. Shades of orange and red can already be seen. For a minute, I just stood there waiting for more beautiful colors. Then he nudged my hand and motioned for me to approach the minister. I remember the man now, he was there on my confirmation.

Then just as I was about to look up at him...I woke up.

No comments: